ABOUT THIS COURSE:
Designing and constructing an energy code compliant building is only half the battle; the project must pass energy code inspections to demonstrate compliance where it counts. With more stringent energy codes, building professionals need to understand what energy code inspectors are looking for and how to prepare for inspections.
This on-demand class will walk students through energy code inspection requirements and the best practices in design and construction to pass with ease. Click through the interactive lessons below to complete this course!
This on-demand class is a GPRO Construction Management elective and should take approximatley 45 minutes to complete.
AFTER THIS COURSE, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Find project-specific energy code information in the construction drawing set.
- Explain which building envelope items need to be inspected and documented for energy code compliance and recognize acceptable installations.
- Explain causes for common failures of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) inspections.
- Describe site preparations needed to pass energy code inspections.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
To receive continuing education credits, students must achieve an 80% on the learning comprehension quiz at the end of the course. The quiz can be taken as many times as needed in order to pass.
- GBCI: 0.5 CE Credits
- AIA CES: 0.5 LU/HSW Hours
Michael O’Donnell, Principal Building Systems Consultant at Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
With over ten years of energy efficiency and building science experience, Michael provides consulting, certification support, site inspections, and performance testing for primarily new construction multifamily projects in the New York City and Northeast region.